Specialization in finance management
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND BUSINESS STUDIES
CODE 3730 IN SNIES
To develop efficient and dynamic management skills for the creation of organizations’ investment and financing structures.
- To learn about the tax structure of organizations in order to facilitate financial decisions according to the type of company in which work or study is being carried out.
- To maximize the use of financial resources for increased organizational profitability, both for the core business and for investors.
- To acquire the concepts and tools necessary for decision-making in the evaluation of investment projects and the funding of organizations.
- To apply financial tools to covering risks of the capital market.
- To apply the concepts of business valuation in order to increase the value of the organization.
- To put in perspective, in monetary terms, organizational decisions and assess the appropriateness of development of each of the decisions to be made.
Professionals in economics, accounting, administration and management or professionals whose professional responsibilities are related to finance.
Financial Management Specialists from the Autonoma University of Manizales will be able to:
- Manage the finance department of an organization.
- Manage the decision making process in an investment bank.
- Act as a business consultant in financial matters.
- Manage financial institutions.
- Work as a financial analyst in public and private organizations.
Financial Management Specialists from the Autonoma University of Manizales will be able to:
- Develop strategies to maximize corporate value and contribute to the assets and wealth of the organization and its owners.
- Establish relations between the context and the facts that affect an organization financially and the decisions that lead to organizational growth.
- Manage planning for covering exchange, credit and investment risks in organizations.
- Carry out a detailed financial analysis of the organization.
|Economic Environment||2||To identify the theoretical foundations of the economic, political and legal environment of the country in order to identify opportunities and threats, and design strategies for achieving organizational objectives.|
|Strategic Management||2||To analyze management as a planned integrated system that requires design, implementation and monitoring of plans based on indicators.|
|Casuistics||1||To employ a methodology to describe real problems, situations or events which occur within an organization in order to analyze and propose solutions.|
|Marketing and Services Management||2||To identify theoretical and conceptual elements of marketing management in the company, which allow executives to design strategies, implement them and evaluate them by means of a marketing plan.|
|Financial Management||2||To identify the components of financial management, their implications in the company and the structure of financial statements in order to make decisions.|
|International Business Management||2||To understand the internationalization processes of a company in order to enter and develop in foreign markets, taking into account planning and decision-making processes.|
|Institutional Elective I||2||Students choose an institutional elective from a varied choice of subjects oriented towards sociohumanistic training within the framework of the mission and institutional projects of the Autonoma University of Manizales.|
|Financial Mathematics||2||To make investment and financing decisions using economic engineering tools. It includes management and operation of tax rates and time series.|
|Financial accounting and cost management||2||To analyze and interpret financial statements to facilitate the decision-making process within the organization.|
|Financial Planning and Project Evaluation||2||To analyze investment projects for making decisions through the comprehensive use of financial planning tools in order to implement profitable projects that will contribute to organizational growth.|
|Capital Market||2||To analyze investments and profitability in equity securities and bonds.|
|Company Assessment||2||To structure an adequate methodology to the process of assessment of the organization focused on value creation.|
|Business Legislation||2||To approach basic aspects of tax management of the organization for making investment and financing decisions.|
|International Finance||2||To identify opportunities in the management of money exchange, coverage mechanisms and investment and financing available for international businesses.|
Diego Navarro Castaño: Business manager from National University of Colombia, Specialist in Finance from EAFIT University. Business Consultant. Postgraduate professor from National University of Colombia and Autonoma University of Manizales.
Francisco Javier Salazar Gómez: Engineer and manager from National University of Colombia, Specialist in Geographical Information Systems from University of Antioquia, Specialist in Pedagogical and Curriculum Innovations from Catholic University of Manizales, Specialist in Project Management from EAFIT University, Master of Business Administration (MBA) majoring in Project Management of EAFIT University. Financial and Managerial Director of Advisory and Marketing. Business Consultant. Postgraduate Professor in EAFIT University, University of Medellín, University Institution ESUMER, among others.
José Gustavo Jiménez: Business manager from University of Antioquia. Specialist in Marketing and International Business EAFIT University. Diploma Studies in Finance and Engineering W.V.U., USA – Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Swiss Bank Corporation (New York): Postgraduate professor in EAFIT University, ICESI University, CESA College and Autonoma University of Manizales, among others. Business Consultant.
Carlos Fernando Cuevas: Electrical Engineer and Industrial Economist. Master of Industrial Administration from University of Valle. Master of Business Administration (MBA) in High Management from California University, USA. Professor in finance and postgraduate of University of Valle, Autonoma University of Manizales, ICESI University and Javeriana University, among others.
Mauricio Escobar Ortega: Business manager and Public accountant, Specialist in Finance Management from Autonoma University of Manizales, Master of Administration from Technical Institute of Monterrey, México. Currently, he is a doctoral candidate in Administration. Professor of Specializations and Masters at a national level. Business Consultant.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Gabriel Eduardo Escobar Arias: Economist – Specialist in Finance – Master of Economic and Finance Administration.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad.
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (two monthly sessions)
Duration: 27 credits
Friday 2:00 p.m to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and 2:00pm to 7:00 p.m.
Inscription Cost: $218.300 COP
Whole Registration Cost: $11.697.000 COP
UAM Graduates Registration Cost: $11.346.100 COP
Graduates Association Registration Cost: $10.995.200 COP