Specialization in Business Management
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND BUSINESS STUDIES
CODE 54090 IN SNIES
To complement managerial experiences by deepening into the knowledge and management of concepts, techniques and strategies in different areas of an organization.
- To know the legal structure of organizations to facilitate decision making according to the type of business.
- To contribute to the training of leaders in the field of business management.
- To develop skills in students to make informed decisions and implement actions for improving the quality of management and the results achieved in their organizations.
- To integrate knowledge, models, methods and tools for practical use in the enterprise.
- To conduct case studies on business management practices, prioritizing the Coffee Growing Region.
- To promote in participants the ability of entrepreneurship to generate new and innovative organizational alternatives.
Entrepreneurs and professionals from all areas interested in acquiring or strengthening their management skills in an organization.
Specialists in Business Management from the Autonoma University of Manizales will be able to:
- Manage an organization.
- Counsel or advice organizations or firms in terms of organizational management.
- Manage areas of the organization responsible for making decisions related to marketing, human capital and finance.
- Create and manage his own company or business.
Specialists in Business Management from the Autonoma University of Manizales will acquire the following skills:
- To design, evaluate and develop plans, strategies and business plans.
- To manage the financial resources of organizations efficiently to be able to create value to the company and its owners.
- To relate the environment with the facts that affect the organization for making decisions that lead to organizational growth.
- To lead the direction and strategic planning of an organization.
- To think, decide and act strategically, contributing to the competitiveness of the company.
- To understand the cultural diversity and manage the human capital of organizations
|Institutional Elective I||2||To choose an institutional elective by students from a varied menu of subjects oriented to sociohumanistic training within the framework of the mission and institutional projects of the Autonoma University of Manizales.|
|Economic Environment||2||To identify the theoretical foundations of the contextual economic, political and legal environment of the country in order to identify opportunities and threats and design strategies to achieve organizational objectives.|
|Financial Management||2||To identify the components of financial management, their implications in the company and the structure of financial statements in order to make decisions.|
|Strategic Management||2||To analyze management as a planning integrated system that requires design, implementation and monitoring of plans based on indicators.|
|International Business Management||2||To understand the processes of internationalization of a company in order to enter and develop in foreign markets, taking into account planning and decision-making processes.|
|Marketing and Services Management||2||To identify theoretical and conceptual elements of marketing management in the company that allow executives to design strategies, implement them and evaluate them by means of a marketing plan.|
|Casuistics Seminar||1||To employ a methodology to describe real problems, situations or events occurred within an organization in order to analyze and propose solutions.|
|Logistics and Physical Distribution||2||To design, develop and implement integrated systems of Logistics and Physical Distribution at national and international levels. The purpose is to correlate, control and optimize, in a structured way, the variables present in the system provider – producer – distributer – Client – Return of a good or service. All this can be done under a comprehensive approach in terms of the competitiveness demanded by the context.|
|Financial accounting and cost management||2||To analyze and interpret financial statements to facilitate the decision-making process within the organization.|
|Financial Planning and Project Evaluation||2||To analyze investment projects for making decisions through a comprehensive use of financial planning tools in order to implement profitable projects that will contribute to the organizational growth.|
|Human Management||2||To use appropriate concepts, processes and techniques of the management of human resources in organizations, understanding the role performed in the business competitiveness and the humanistic commitment.|
|Management Indicators||2||To manage basic concepts of different indicators and to be able to propose and evaluate indicators of the balanced scorecard.|
|Corporate Social Responsibility||2||To strengthen an ethical and responsible sensitivity towards human, social and environmental issues within companies. This aims to help participants to become important actors in the social reconstruction of the region and the country.|
|Business Law||2||To promote an approach to the legal theory of business that serve as an input for the decision-making process and as a measurement of risk in order to provide a better legal perspective from the field of management.|
Cristhian Guillermo Naranjo Herrera.: Lawyer from University of Caldas. Specialist in Human Resources Management from University of Manizales, Master of Administration (MBA) from Technological Institute of Monterrey (Mexico) – Autonoma University of Bucaramanga (Colombia). Ph.D. in Business Administration and Human Resources Management from University of Malaga (Spain).
Lorenzo Octavio Calderón Jaramillo.: Lawyer. Specialist in Commercial Law from University of Caldas. Control of Corruption and Judicial Reform in Latin America 2001. Secretary General of the Autonoma University of Manizales. National and international lecturer. Academic Coordinator of postgraduate studies in Business Law and Finance from University of Caldas. Member of the Bioethics Network of the National University of Colombia. Director of the Presidential Anti-Corruption Program, institutional performance and governance in Colombia (World Bank and others).
Gabriel Eduardo Escobar Arias.: Economist from University of Manizales. Finance Specialist from EAFIT University. Master of Financial Management from Technological University of Pereira. Undergraduate and postgraduate professor, Coordinator of the MBA in the Autonoma University of Manizales.
Jaime Andrés Vieira Salazar.: Industrial engineer from National University of Colombia. Master of Development Administration from University Birmingham, England. 3rd cycle of the Diploma program in management from Université de Rouen, France. Doctoral candidate in Management Studies from University of Rouen and Paris XIII, France. Professor of the National University of Colombia.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Oscar Alberto Hoyos Villa.: Business manager from National University of Colombia. Marketing Specialist from EAFIT University. Specialist in International Business Management from Jorge Tadeo Lozano University. Master of Business Administration (MBA) from National University of Colombia. Doctoral candidate in Business Studies from University of Nebrija, Spain.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad.
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (two monthly sessions).
Duration: 27 credits
Friday 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Inscription Cost: $218.300 COP
Whole Registration Cost: $11.697.000 COP
UAM Graduates Registration Cost: $11.346.100 COP
Graduates Association Registration Cost: $10.995.200 COP