Specialization in Marketing and Sales
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND BUSINESS STUDIES
CODE 6560 IN SNIES
To transfer and adapt the work of marketing and sales to executives in order to optimize management decisions, to implement the latest global methodologies that are viable in the Colombian market and external sector (real and virtual), with the constant changes that occur in different markets.
- To contribute to the training of leaders in the field of business management of marketing and sales.
- To develop skills in students to make informed decisions and implement actions for the improvement of the quality of marketing and sales management and results achieved in organizations.
- To integrate knowledge, models, methods and instruments in the field of marketing for the practical use in the enterprise.
- To conduct case studies on the business management practices in the areas of marketing and sales, prioritizing the Coffee Growing Region and, in general, the national context.
- To reflect on the ethical, social, political and economic dimensions of the marketing and sales management in organizations.
- To develop tools for the application of sales profitability as well as its modern dynamics.
Professionals who are involved in marketing and sales, business managers, market engineers, advertisers, and all professionals involved in market management, and responsible for decision making on the analysis of competitiveness, sales and, in general, business strategies of the company.
Specialists in marketing and sales of the Autonoma University of Manizales are able to perform in:
- Areas of the organization responsible for making decisions related to marketing and/or sales.
- Counseling or organizational consulting to firms in terms of marketing and sales management.
- Design, evaluation and development of marketing and sales plans, marketing opportunity analysis and design of strategies.
- Creation and management of his own company or business.
Specialists in marketing and sales of the Autonoma University of Manizales will acquire the following skills:
- To use advanced learning obtained in the field of marketing and sales to respond to the demands of today's world in this area and contribute to the achievement of organizational objectives.
- To think, decide and act strategically, contributing to the competitiveness of the company.
- To understand the cultural diversity and take advantage of business opportunities that arise in a globalized environment.
- To embrace changes quickly to achieve the opportunities offered by the environment and defend against threats.
- To assume their role in organizations in a consistent manner with the ontological, axiological and praxeological dimensions involved in management.
|Strategic Management||2||To analyze management as a planning integrated system that requires design, implementation and monitoring of plans based on indicators.|
|Financial Management||2||To identify the components of financial management, their implications in the company and the structure of financial statements in order to make decisions.|
|Casuistics||1||To employ a methodology to describe real problems, situations or events occurred within an organization in order to analyze and propose solutions.|
|Organizational Environment||2||To identify the theoretical foundations of the contextual economic, political and legal environment of the country in order to identify opportunities and threats and design strategies to achieve organizational objectives.|
|Marketing and Services Management||2||To identify theoretical and conceptual elements of marketing management in the company that allow executives to design strategies, implement them and evaluate them by means of a marketing plan.|
|International Business Management||2||To understand the processes of internationalization of a company in order to enter and develop in foreign markets, taking into account planning and decision-making processes.|
|Institutional Elective I||2||To choose an institutional elective by students from a varied menu of subjects oriented to sociohumanistic training within the framework of the mission and institutional projects of the Autonoma University of Manizales.|
|Consumer Behavior||2||To understand the behavior of users who respond differently to market offers in order to design attractive offers to respond to wishes and needs.|
|Market Research||2||To use tools and concepts to present, evaluate and design market research proposals based on obtained results.|
|Strategies of Comprehensive Communication||2||To use concepts and tools to design, manage and evaluate a process of comprehensive communication in marketing in a globalized environment. Generally, they embrace aspects related to the blending of communication.|
|E-Business||2||To use knowledge about marketing management through electronic media in order to use it as a tool for making decisions.|
|Relational Marketing||2||To introduce the basic concepts of the relational marketing useful for the client knowledge, which can permit a timely response, supported by new information technologies (CMR).|
|Logistics and Physical Distribution||2||To design, develop and implement integrated systems of Logistics and Physical Distribution at national and international levels. The purpose is to correlate, control and optimize, in a structured way, the variables present in the system provider – producer – distributer – Client – Return of a good or service. All this can be done under a comprehensive approach in terms of the competitiveness demanded by the context.|
|Strategic Sales Management||2||To use theoretical knowledge to understand the strategic process of sales as a competitive factor, business and personal leadership, differentiation factor and economic results for any organization or person.|
Gabriel Eduardo Escobar Arias: Economist from University of Manizales. Finance Specialist from EAFIT University. Master of Financial Management from Technological University of Pereira. Undergraduate and postgraduate professor. Coordinator of the MBA of Autonoma University of Manizales.
Andrés Patiño A.: Mechanical Engineering from University of Manizales, Master of Business Administration majoring in Marketing from Technological Institute of Monterrey, Mexico and Autonoma University of Manizales. Plant Manager of Liquor Industry of Caldas.
Mario Sigfrido Huertas: Psychologist. Specialist in Strategic Thinking and Planning from Externado University, Master of Communications Research from Javeriana University, Diploma in Corporate Communications from Catholic University of Chile; Strategic Marketing Course from University of Leuven and Autonoma University of Bucaramanga; Postgraduate Marketing Course from Rosario University and Marketing and Sales from La Salle University.
Ricardo Martínez Mancera: Food Engineer, expert in market research. Consultant and lecturer at a national and international levels.
César Augusto Beltrán C.: Publicist, Strategic Communications Specialist from Jorge Tadeo Lozano University, majoring in Television Production and Photography. Manager and partner of the advertising company Pizarra y Oro. Undergraduate and postgraduate professor in programs of communications.
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves all its right to replace one or several of the professors abovementioned.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Germán Rojas Árias: Economist - Management Development Specialist, UAM – Master of Business Administration majoring in Marketing, Technological Institute of Monterrey, Mexico and the Autonoma University of Bucaramanga – Professor of postgraduate in Autonoma University of Manizales and other universities. Economic Advisor.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad.
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (two monthly sessions)
Duration: 27 credits
Friday 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Inscription Cost: $218.300 COP
Whole Registration Cost: $11.697.000 COP
UAM Graduates Registration Cost: $11.346.100 COP
Graduates Association Registration Cost: $10.995.200 COP