Specialization in International Business and Marketing
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND BUSINESS STUDIES
CODE 12009 IN SNIES
To develop the ability to create and innovate products, services, processes and sustainable business relationships in organizations operating in a globalized environment.
- To contribute to the training of leaders in the field of international business and marketing, who can be able to manage internationalization processes and particular market development in international markets.
- To promote entrepreneurship as a source of generating new organizational alternatives, concerning business and international marketing.
- To integrate knowledge, models, methods and instruments in the field of international business and marketing of organizations.
- To identify risk aspects and advantages of the different consumer, industrial or intermediary markets with the purpose of designing portfolios.
Administrators, foreign trade managers, economists, managers, and entrepreneurs interested in entering international markets.
Specialists in International Business and Marketing from Autonoma University of Manizales will be able to:
- Start and manage his own company or an international business.
- Manage international businesses.
- Manage different areas of international management and exports of regional, national or multinational organizations.
- Be organizational consultants in different areas of international marketing, logistics, trade and sales or business of international organizations.
- Be analysts in the field of international markets, distribution and behavior of international consumers.
- Be consultants in the field of international business and markets.
Specialists in International Business and Marketing from Autonoma University of Manizales will acquire the following skills:
- To develop and implement strategies for internationalization.
- To understand the cultural diversity and take advantage of business opportunities that arise in a global environment.
- To strategically think, decide and act to contribute to the competitiveness of the organization from an international business and marketing perspective.
- To lead the areas of international business and marketing essential to the organizational success.
- To develop entrepreneurial initiatives in the organization focused on Internet.
|Institutional Elective I||2||To choose an institutional elective by students from a varied menu of subjects oriented to sociohumanistic training within the framework of the mission and institutional projects of the Autonoma University of Manizales.|
|Economic Environment||2||To identify the theoretical foundations of the contextual economic, political and legal environment of the country in order to identify opportunities and threats and design strategies to achieve organizational objectives.|
|Financial Management||2||To identify the components of financial management, their implications in the company and the structure of financial statements in order to make decisions.|
|Strategic Management||2||To analyze management as a planning integrated system that requires design, implementation and monitoring of plans based on indicators.|
|International Business Management||2||To understand the planning and decision-making processes for the internationalization of a company, making emphasis on cases to consolidate management skills.|
|Marketing and Services Management||2||To identify theoretical and conceptual elements of marketing management in the company that allow executives to design strategies, implement them and evaluate them by means of a marketing plan.|
|Casuistics Seminar||1||To employ a methodology to describe real problems, situations or events occurred within an organization in order to analyze and propose solutions.|
|Colombian Foreign Trade||1||To study the fundamentals of foreign trade, current legislation, international agreements, institutions and programs for exports promotion, how to import and export.|
|International Market Research||2||To design and implement an International Market Research in a rapid, practical, easy to assimilate and implement, obtaining the adequate information of external markets for effective decision-making.|
|International Marketing||2||To understand the importance and application of concepts of international marketing within companies. This helps to design and implement strategies oriented to the development and sustainability of competitive advantages and the establishment of long-term relationships with foreign clients in segments of profitable markets.|
|International Finance||1||To identify opportunities in the management of money exchange, coverage mechanisms and investment and financing available for international businesses.|
|Logistics and Physical Distribution||2||To design, develop and implement integrated systems of Logistics and Physical Distribution at national and international levels. The purpose is to correlate, control and optimize, in a structured way, the variables present in the system provider – Producer – Distributer – Client – Return of goods or service. All this can be done under a comprehensive approach in terms of the competitiveness demanded by the international context.|
|International Business Law||2||To study and analyze the legal environment of international businesses and groups of contracts, examining them in respect to specific experiences and real-life cases.|
|International Negotiation||2||To solve complex problems in a multicultural and uncertain environment by analyzing strategies for conflict resolution and future negotiations.|
|E-Business||2||To create and sustain B2B and B2C businesses as a tool for the development of particular external markets with customer loyalty strategies and competitive advantages development leading to success in this globalized market.|
Javier Gómez Arias: Professional in Marketing. Teaching and Research Specialist, Specialist in Environmental Management and Disaster Prevention, Master of Higher Education majoring in Economics and Management. Marketing and Sales Manager of companies such as Tácticas Industriales, Nova Ltda. and Plásticos Silvatrim de Colombia. Marketing Consultant of accompanying programs of Expopyme and Fomipyme under the agreement of Proexport and Sergio Arboleda University. He is currently a professor and co-founder of the School of International Marketing and Business.
Gustavo Jiménez: Business Manager from University of Antioquia. Specialist in International Marketing and Business from EAFIT University. Diploma Program in Finance and Engineering from W.V.U., USA-Foreign Exchange and Interest Rate Swiss Bank Corporation (New York). Financial Manager and Department Director of Foreign Exchange of EPM. Professor of Postgraduate in EAFIT University, ICESI University, CESA College, and Autonoma University of Manizales.
Lorenzo Calderón: Lawyer. Specialist in Commercial Law from University of Caldas. Control of Corruption and Judicial reform in Latin America 2001. Secretary General of the Autonoma University of Manizales. National and international lecturer. Academic Coordinator of the postgraduate program in Financial and Business Law from University of Caldas. Member of the Bioethics Network of the National University of Colombia.
Andrés Patiño A.: Mechanical Engineering from University of Manizales, Master of Administration majoring in Marketing from Technological Institute of Monterrey TIM, Mexico and Autonoma University of Manizales. Plant manager of the Liquor Industry of Caldas.
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves all its right to replace one or several of the professors abovementioned.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Marcela Carvajal: Professional in National and International Marketing from University of Manizales. Specialist in International Business Management from Jorge Tadeo Lozano University. Specialist in University Teaching and Research from Sergio Arboleda University. Specialist in Managerial Development. Candidate to Master of Business Administration from Autonoma University of Manizales.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad.
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (Two monthly sessions)
Duration: 27 credits
Friday 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Inscription Cost: $218.300 COP
Whole Registration Cost: $11.697.000 COP
UAM Graduates Registration Cost: $11.346.100 COP
Graduates Association Registration Cost: $10.995.200 COP