Masters in Creativity and Innovation in Organizations
Faculty of Social and Business Studies
SNIES code: 53335
To dynamize and strengthen knowledge about the object of study of the Master´s program, focusing on creativity from a cognitive, affective, and emotional perspective. The interaction of these perspectives with the surrounding contexts will permit original and pertinent paradigms to be proposed and implemented. It will also allow innovation, which is considered as a planned, rigorous, systematic and strategic organizational process to be introduced in order to attain associated benefits through differentiation in processes, products, marketing or organization.
The program also promotes knowledge in the different interest groups that make up the Master´s program within academic and productive scenarios that lead to human, cultural, social, and political development as well as economic development at a regional, national and global level, in line with the principles of the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- To create and develop knowledge in the field of creativity, understood as a way of thinking, as a process, as a product and as a mentality within organizations.
- To enhance the theory and practice of creativity and innovation in organizational settings.
- To generate and build strategies, environments and tools that lead to the proper development of scenarios that enhance creativity and innovation in organizations.
- To strengthen the capacity to formulate and solve problems creatively through the application of methods, techniques and theoretical and practical tools.
The program is aimed at qualified professionals from any discipline that have work experience in organizations that provide goods or services. Such organizations might fall within sectors such as Industry, Health, Finance, Education, Commerce, Tourism, the Public Sphere, Agriculture, Handicrafts or Artisanal Commerce and Communications, among others.
Graduates will be able to:
- Participate in research and in teams that contribute to the solving of problems related to creativity and innovation in education and in institutions and businesses that provide goods and services.
- Advise and consult on strategies and creative instrumentation according to the nature of the problem, incorporating analysis and the strengthening of human talent, processes, products and environments.
- Lead, manage and evaluate development projects in the field of creativity and innovation within the organization.
- Revitalize the company, as a member of the organization, by building creative interdisciplinary and intersectorial teams.
- Promote and share knowledge about creativity through teaching and creating educational processes that foster transformation based on the principles of participation, creativity and innovation.
- Analyze, plan and manage innovation processes at different levels within the organization, in either the public or private sector.
- Development and implementation of strategies, methods, techniques and creative and innovation tools.
- Development of mental capacity to provide unique responses.
- Development of creative thinking and behavior in individuals, teams and organizations.
- Understanding of theory, methodology and practice in the field of creativity and innovation.
After finishing their studies, graduates will be able to generate development and strengthen creative thinking processes and apply creative models. They will be to perform research and act as agents of change from a systemic perspective by applying the creative, communicative and interactive strategies necessary to achieve innovation in organizations taking into account the socio-cultural, economic, political and environmental contexts within which the graduates will work. They will also be able to understand the theoretical paradigms, models and methods for managing the construction of knowledge in the field of creativity and innovation as applied to organizations.
|Thought Development||Systematic Thought and Complexity||2|
|Culture and Communication||2|
|Integral and Creative Thinking||4|
|Creativity Development||Culture of Creativity and Innovation||4|
|Dimensions of Creativity||4|
|Innovation Development||Organizational Settings||4|
|Innovative Models, Strategies and Techniques||4|
|Creative Product Development||4|
|Research||Research Seminar I||2|
|Research Seminar II||2|
|Research Seminar III||2|
|Institutional (Macro-curriculum)||Institutional Elective I||2|
|Institutional Elective II||2|
CHRISTIAN JOHANNES BRUSZIES: Industrial Engineer, Master of Business Administration – Henley Management College – England.
GRACIELA ALDANA DE CONDE: Psychologist, Master of Research and Education Technology –Javeriana University - Colombia.
LEONARDO PINEDA SERNA: Economist, PhD in Economic Sciences, Cum Laude - Goettingen University-West Germany.
CARLOS GONZÁLEZ QUITIÁN: Architect, Master of Educative and Social Development –National University of Colombia.
CRISTHIAN NARANJO HERRERA: Lawyer, PhD in Business Administration and Management of Human Resources Cum Laude - Málaga University- Spain.
EDUARDO MARTÍNEZ JÁUREGUI: Industrial Designer, Master of Business Administration - Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores in Monterrey - Mexico.
JAIRO TORO DIAZ: Physical Therapist, PhD in Administration - San Pablo CEU University Madrid - Spain.
RAÚL EDUARDO NIETO: Psychologist, Masters in Social Community Psychology -Pontificia Javeriana University – Colombia.
OSCAR TAMAYO ALZATE: BA in Biology and Chemistry, PhD in Didactics of Experimental Sciences and Mathematics - Autónoma University of Barcelona – Spain
JOSÉ HOOVER VANEGAS: Philosopher, PhD in Philosophy - Pontificia Bolivariana University – Colombia.
DAIRO SÁNCHEZ BUITRAGO: Medical Doctor, PhD in Socio-sanitary Sciences and Medical Humanities - Complutense University of Madrid –Spain.
DARIO ÁNGEL PÉREZ: Philosopher and Social Communicator, Masters in Social Communication - Javeriana University of Bogotá – Colombia.
RAYMOND PRADA DAZA: Industrial Engineer, PhD in Technical sciences – Instituto Superior Politécnico in La Habana – Cuba.
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves the right to replace one or more of the professors mentioned.
UAM ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: Ph.D. Phytopathology Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. - Magister Scientiae in Phytopathology. Program for Graduates in Agricultural Sciences ICA -U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Pedagógica y Tecnológica University of Colombia (UPTC). Agronomy Faculty. Tunja.
M.B.A. EDUARDO MARTÍNEZ JÁUREGUI: Industrial Designer, Jorge Tadeo Lozano University, Specialist in Managerial Development, UAM, Magister in Business Administration - ITESM- Mexico.
Mobile: 320 693 8886
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate of professional qualification.
- EPS (Health Promotion Companies) ID or certificate issued by a health system of social security (valid).
- Military ID card enlarged to 150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-sized photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt for payment of Universityentrance examination.
- Professional degree according to the requirement of each program.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Knowledge evaluation when UAM deems it appropriate.
- Proficiency in English reading comprehension for doctorates programs.
- Specific requirements demanded by each program duly approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or have a seal from the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid resident card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process, valid for the corresponding academic period.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or the health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010
Modality: On campus concentrated (a monthly session)
Duration: 52 credits
Friday and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Registration fee: $218.300 COP
Full Tuition Value: $20.167.100 COP
UAM graduates tuition value: $19.562.100 COP
UAM graduates association tuition value: $18.957.100 COP