Masters in Mechatronics and control
Faculty of Engineering
SNIES code: 53755
To train professionals and researchers in the areas of Mechatronics and Control in order to respond innovatively, critically and competently to the needs that involve strengthening processes of creation, design and adaptation of technology to benefit local and national industry. This training is achieved by studying and applying the theories of the state of the art in automatic systems with a Mechatronic approach and by developing a thesis within a multidisciplinary research environment that leads to have the cutting edge knowledge topics in the area of study.
- To develop, adapt and apply advanced technology to benefit the region's productive market in the area of Mechatronics and Control. This is done by developing and participating in technology development projects and by leading interdisciplinary teams.
- To encourage professionals to be updated in the area of Mechatronics and Control with methodologies that allow them to meet the economic, cultural and social needs of the region and the country, and that improve quality and productivity of businesses as well.
- To develop technological projects in the area of study by applied research to solve problems of the region and country
The program is aimed at professionals in the engineering areas like Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Biomedical, Chemical, Systems and related fields who are interested in enriching and advancing in their professional practice, and who are willing to perform multidisciplinary work, capacity for analysis and results generation.
This Masters program in Mechatronics and Control provides professionals with updated theoretical, conceptual, practical and research aspects that are related to the processes of appropriation and development of new technologies. These professionals will be able to:
- Create and help strengthen the industries with advanced technologies as well as to strengthen the definition of technological strategies that impact the country's development and its manufacturing sector.
- Manage, administer and validate development projects with high quality standards.
- Do research on new products and processes by applying design methodologies which are directed to improve quality and productivity in business.
- Participate in technology development projects by playing roles like researcher, analyst, designer, or leader in interdisciplinary and developmental research
- Participate in engineering education processes at undergraduate and graduate levels.
Graduates from the Masters in Mechatronics and Control will be characterized by:
- an ethical commitment, autonomy and creativity. They will be able to behave responsibly within the social context in relation to themselves and the environment.
- a solid basis in scientific knowledge regarding the know how and know what in the area of study.
- a scientific, competent and competitive thinking that responds creatively to Mechatronics and Control issues in order to produce, adapt, transform and apply knowledge in mechanical, electronic, control and processing information systems.
- communicative skills for written production and analysis of scientific texts to socialize knowledge, and teamwork abilities.
|Mathematics||Mathematical Analysis for Engineers||3|
|Control and Instrumentation Laboratory||3|
|Mechatronic Design I||3|
|Mechatronic Design II||3|
|Free Choice (two subjects from the menu, 3 credits each)||Intelligent Control||6|
|FMS (Flexible Manufacturing Systems)|
|Institutional (Macro-curriculum)||Institutional Elective I||2|
|Institutional Elective II||2|
|Research||Research Seminar I||3|
|Research Seminar II||3|
Note: The subjects in the mastery are emphasized Mechatronic systems and complement the undergraduate studies in Electronics, Mechanics and related.
Sebastián Durango Idárraga PhD. in Engineering - EAFIT University
Fabio Marcelo Peña Bustos Masters of Engineering, Materials and Manufacturing Processes – National University of Colombia.
César Augusto Álvarez Vargas Masters of Automated Production Systems, Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
Alba Patricia Arias Orozco Masters of Automated Production Systems, Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
Hector Andrés Tinoco Masters of Engineering, Universidad Estadual de Campinas.
Carlos Edmundo Murillo Sánchez PhD. in Electrical Engineering. Cornell University, USA.
Carlos Alberto Cortés Aguirre Masters of Physics Instrumentation - Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
Rubén Darío Flórez Hurtado Masters of Physical Instrumentation - Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
Nicolás Toro García PhD Candidate in Engineering (Research Line in Automatics) – National University of Colombia, Manizales.
Belarmino Segura Giraldo PhD. in Engineering (Research Line in Automatics) - National University of Colombia, Manizales.
José Luis Rodríguez Sotelo PhD. in Engineering (Research Line in Automatics) - National University of Colombia, Manizales.
Luis Fernando Castillo Ossa PhD. in Computer Science and Automation - University of Salamanca, Spain.
Mauricio Fernando Alba Castro PhD. in Declarative Programming and Engineering Programming – Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain.
Luz Angela Aristizábal Quintero Masters of Physics Instrumentation - Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira.
Francy Nelly Jimenez Garcia PhD. in Engineering (Research Line in Automatics) - National University of Manizales Colombia.
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves the right to substitute for one or professors above mentioned.
UAM ADMINISTRATIVE STAFF
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez: Ph.D. Phytopathology Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A. - Magister Scientiae in Phytopathology. Program for Graduates in Agricultural Sciences ICA -U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Pedagógica y Tecnológica University of Colombia (UPTC). Agronomy Faculty. Tunja.
Engineer José Luis Rodriguez Sotelo: PhD. in Engineering, major in Automation, Master of Industrial Automation, National University of Colombia, Manizales.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate of professional qualification
- EPS (Health Promotion Companies)ID or certificate issued by a health system of social security (valid)
- Military ID card enlarged to 150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-sized photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt for payment of University entrance examination
- Professional degree according to the requirement of each program
- Curriculum Vitae
- Knowledge evaluation when UAM deems it appropriate
- Proficiency in English reading comprehension for doctorates programs.
- Specific requirements demanded by each program duly approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or have a seal from the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid resident card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process, valid for the corresponding academic period.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or the health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note : graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010 ).
Modality: On campus concentrated (two monthly sessions)
Duration: 52 credits (approximately 2 years)
Schedule: Friday from 4:00 p.m to 8:p.m Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Registration fee: $218.300 COP
Full Tuition Value: $17.978.500 COP
UAM graduates tuition value: $17.439.200 COP
UAM graduates association tuition value: $16.899.800 COP