Specialization in Physiotherapeutical Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology
To train Physical Therapy professionals in the management of people with alterations in their musculoskeletal system and their implications in the human body movement, who respond innovatively, critically and competently to intervention needs from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- To establish a theoretical and conceptual basis of Physical Therapy intervention processes related to the musculoskeletal system, orthopedics and traumatology, as an area of knowledge and as an inter-disciplinary and inter-professional area of health.
- To update and examine Physical Therapy intervention processes that allow the acquisition and recovery of function in people with disabilities associated with the musculoskeletal system.
- To strengthen the capacity for critical thinking, as a competent and competitive specialist able to respond creatively to problems in Physical Therapy intervention related to the musculoskeletal system, orthopedics and trauma in order to produce, transform, renew and apply knowledge.
THIS PROGRAM IS AIMED AT:
Physical Therapy professionals.
The Specialist in Physical Therapy Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology of the UAM will be able to:
- Work as a Specialist in Physical Therapy in the areas of orthopedics and traumatology in health care and rehabilitation centers.
- Participate in programs of health promotion and specific protection, according to the epidemiological profile of different population groups.
- Participate in interdisciplinary teams in rehabilitation centers and health institutions.
- Coordinate health care and rehabilitation centers.
- Work as a university professor training health care professionals.
- Design and carry out health development projects convened by governmental and nongovernmental organizations that promote processes of Physical Therapy intervention associated with the musculoskeletal system.
The Specialization in Physical Therapy Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology of the UAM provides the professional with up-to-date and in-depth theoretical, conceptual and practical training at a post-graduate level. It considers the processes developed by physical therapists and oriented to the person with movement disorders associated with musculoskeletal injuries, with emphasis on the scope of therapy, which will equip the professional with the following skills:
- Able to understand and explain the principles of Physical Therapy intervention that underlie the therapeutic processes in the musculoskeletal system.
- Able to select, suggest or apply methods and techniques of Physical Therapy intervention from a holistic approach.
- Able to interpret and correlate diagnostic expertise in the area of orthopedics and traumatology, as the basis for Physical Therapy intervention processes.
- Able to conduct Physical Therapy assessment and diagnostic processes in patients with body movement disorders associated with alterations in the musculoskeletal system.
- Able to design and implement health promotion, specific protection (primary prevention), therapy (secondary prevention) and rehabilitation programs (tertiary prevention), addressing health conditions from the domain of orthopedics and traumatology from an individual and collective perspective according to the epidemiological profile of different population groups.
- Able to participate in the design, evaluation and implementation of Physical Therapy intervention processes in inter-disciplinary and inter-professional teams.
- Act as a responsible professional, assuming social roles for the attenuation of the phenomenon produced by disabling musculoskeletal disorders.
|Clinical Foundations||Diagnostic means||1|
|Orthopedics and Traumatology Clinics I||2|
|Orthopedics and Traumatology Clinics II||2|
|Intervention||Physical Therapy Intervention Foundations||1|
|Physical Therapy Evaluation||3|
|Therapeutic Seminar I||2|
|Therapeutic Seminar II||2|
|Therapeutic Seminar III||2|
|Therapeutic Seminar IV||2|
|Therapeutic Seminar V||1|
|Orthopedics and Traumatology Clinics Internship||5|
|Research||Practice Based on Evidence||1|
|Epidemiology Applied to Orthopedics and Traumatology||1|
|Institutional (Macrocurriculum)||Institutional Elective||2|
|NÉSTOR AUGUSTO OROZCO CASTAÑO||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology - Fellow in Joint replacement|
|JUAN CARLOS GALLEGO URIBE||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology|
|JORGE HERNÁN LÓPEZ JARAMILLO||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology|
|IVÁN DARÍO GARCÍA MONROY||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology - Fellow in Ankle and Foot|
|GILBERTO HERRERA ORTIZ||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology – Fellow in Child Orthopedics|
|GILBERTO ANDRÉS GIL HENAO||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Orthopedics and Traumatology|
|JOSÉ FERNANDO ESCOBAR SERNA||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Internal Medicine|
|ALEJANDRO OSORIO RAMÍREZ||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation|
|BEATRIZ ARANGO DE SAMPER||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Specialist in Pathology - Specialist in Hospital Management - Specialist in Public Health|
|LUZ STELLA CRISTANCHO INFANTE||Medical Doctor and Surgeon - Master of Pharmacology|
|MARIA VICTORIA BENJUMEA RINCÓN||Nutritionist Dietician - PhD in Health Sciences - Specialist in Coffee Economy|
|ANDREA TATIANA CAMPOS DEL CAIRO||Physical Therapist - Studies in Osteopathy - Teaching and clinic experience in attention of patients in the musculoskeletal area|
|SARA WANCJIER FERFER||Physical Therapist - Teaching and clinic experience in attention of patients in the musculoskeletal and peripheral vascular areas|
|MARIA CONSTANZA TRILLOS CHACÓN||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Hand Therapy - Specialist in University Teaching|
|MARGIN DEL SOCORRO MARTÍNEZ MATHEUS||Physical Therapist – Specialist in University teaching - Studies in Masters in Public Health|
|DUNIA CASAS DE HERMIDA||Physical Therapist – Expert in Physical Therapy management of spine dysfunctions|
|JORGE EDUARDO DUQUE PARRA||Biologist and Chemist - Master of Morphology - PhD in Neuroscience|
|CONSUELO VÉLEZ ÁLVAREZ||Nurse - PhD in Public Health - Specialist in Epidemiology|
|KAROL BIBIANA GARCÍA SOLANO||Physical Therapist – Master of Integrated Intervention in Athletes –Specialist in Integrated Intervention in Athletes –|
|CLAUDIA MARCELA GUERRERO MENDIETA||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Upper Limb and Hand Rehabilitation|
|ANA MARCELA BOLAÑOS ROLDÁN||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Neurorehabilitation – Studies in Masters in Neurorehabilitation - Neurodevelopment Therapist NDT/Bobath.|
|ÁNGELA MARÍA DE LA ROCHE CADAVID||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Management for Health Professionals - Expert in Physical Therapy Management of Craneo Cervical Mandibular Dysfunction|
|ALEXANDRA LÓPEZ LÓPEZ||Physical Therapist – Master of Disability - Specialist in Physical Therapy in Critical Care - Specialist in Development Project Management with a Sociohumanistic Approach.|
|LIDA MARITZA GIL OBANDO||Physical Therapist – Master of Disability - Specialist in Physical Therapy in Critical Care – Specialist in Management for Health Professionals.|
|CLAUDIA PATRICIA HENAO LEMA||Physical Therapist – Master of Neurorehabilitation – Specialist in Neurorehabilitation - Master of Integration of Disabled People|
|JULIALBA CASTELLANOS RUIZ||Physical Therapist – Master of Education and Human Development - Specialist in Physical Therapy Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology - Specialist in Sex Education|
|LILIANA PATRICIA ESCOBAR SERNA||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Physical Therapy Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology - Specialist in Development Project Management -|
|JAIRO TORO DÍAZ||Physical Therapist – Specialist in Occupational Health - Specialist in Health Audit - Master of Economic and Financial Management – PhD candidate in Management.|
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves the right to replace one or more of the professors mentioned.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A.- Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Liliana Patricia Escobar Serna Physical Therapist – Specialist in Physical Therapy Intervention in Orthopedics and Traumatology - Specialist in Development Project Management – Autonoma University of Manizales.
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
ADDITIONAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSION OF NATIONAL AND FOREIGN STUDENTS WITH AN UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE OBTAINED ABROAD
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (two monthly sessions).
Duration: 16 months including internship, 35 credits
Schedule: Friday from 2 a.m. to 7 p.m. - Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. - Sunday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Inscription Cost: $218.300 COP
Whole Registration Cost: $11.943.500 COP
UAM Graduates Registration Cost: $11.585.200 COP
Graduates Association Registration Cost: $11.226.900 COP