Master in Integral Intervention in Athletes
To qualify alumni of Physical Therapy and Physical Education at a professional master´s level to respond in an innovative, critical and competent way to the integral intervention in athletes from an interdisciplinary perspective. This training is done through the command or appropriation of knowledge, methodologies and scientific or technological developments.
This masters program intends to develop competences that allow solving problems or to analyze specific situations at a professional or interdisciplinary level with respect to the integral intervention in the athlete. Such skills are fostered through research training and the implementation of a thesis.
The qualification of Physical Therapists and Physical Education professionals to participate with an integral vision in interdisciplinary teams of Integral Intervention in order to effectively intervene problems in athletes.
Physical Therapists and Physical Education Professionals.
The Masters in Integral intervention in Athletes provides Health and Physical Education professionals with updated and deep theoretical, conceptual and practical elements related to the processes of the health intervention in the sports area. The Master of this program will be able to:
- Participate in the design, implementation and evaluation of integral intervention processes in athletes involving actions for the promotion of health, therapeutics, specific protection, rehabilitation and research.
- Develop research projects of the Integral Intervention in the Athlete from a health perspective.
- Participate in educational processes of health and education professional training in the area of integral intervention in the athlete.
- Establish appropriate action, participation, communication and attitudes that promote teamwork as a basis for professional groups involved in the sports area.
- Design, implement and evaluate programs of health education based on sports.
- Design, implement and evaluate programs of specific protection for diverse population groups that practice sport.
- Design, implement and evaluate rehabilitation programs for people with disabilities who practice sports.
- Design, implement and evaluate therapeutic programs from the knowledge of each profession to people who practice recreational, amateur and competitive sport.
- Implement applied research projects of integral intervention in athlete.
The graduates of the Masters program in Integral Intervention in the Athlete of the UAM are characterized by having:
- Ethical and political commitment as a responsible professional assuming a social role for the attenuation of the sports phenomenon.
- Autonomy and creativity, being capable of acting responsibly within the social context with respect to themselves and the environment.
- Solid scientific foundation on professional knowledge and practice in the area of Integral Intervention in the Athlete.
- Attitude and scientific thought, which shape competent and competitive professionals who respond creatively to sports issues. Thus, they can produce, transform, renew and apply knowledge.
- Communicative skills for written production and analysis of the scientific texts in order to share knowledge.
|Fundamentals of Discipline||Exercise Physiology||3|
|Biomechanical Analysis of Sporting Movement||3|
|Sport Clinics||Sport Clinics I||2|
|Sport Clinics II||2|
|Fitness Condition Assesment||2|
|Development Projects focused on sports||1|
|Conceptual Bases of integral intervention||2|
|Sport intervention I||2|
|Sport intervention II||2|
|Sport intervention III||2|
|Data Base Browsing||1|
|Qualitative Research Seminar||3|
|Quantitative Research Seminar||3|
José Armando Vidarte Claros.
BA of Physical Education - PhD in Science of Physical Activity and Sports. Coordinator of the Masters program.
José Alcides Acero
BA of Physical Education – Candidate to PhD in Biomechanics.
Iván Leonardo Duque
Medical Doctor – Specialist in Sport Rehabilitation – PhD in Sport Rehabilitation in France.
Santiago Ramos Bermúdez
BA of Physical Education. Master of Sport Training with emphasis on athletics.
BA of Physical Education. Master of Sport Training emphasis on athletics.
Consuelo Vélez Álvarez
Nurse. Specialist in Epidemiology. PhD in Public Health.
Jorge Eduardo Duque Parra
BA of Basic Sciences. Master of Morphology. PhD in Neuroscience.
Luis Hernando Arboleda
Medical Doctor. Specialist in Sport Rehabilitation.
Medical Doctor. Specialist in Sport Rehabilitation.
José Hernán Parra
Economist. Master of Statistics.
José Fernando Vélez.
Psychologist. Master of Education.
Jairo Toro Díaz.
Physical Therapist. Master of Management. Candidate to PhD in Management.
Juan Carlos Guzmán Correa
Physical Therapist. Specialist in Therapeutic Physical Activity.
Note: The Autonoma University of Manizales reserves the right to replace one or more of the professors mentioned.
Dr. Gabriel Cadena Gómez
PhD in Phytopathology. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN., U.S.A.
Master of Phytopathology. Graduate Studies Program in Agricultural Sciences -ICA - U.N. (PEG). Bogotá. Agronomist Engineer of The Pedagogical and Technological University of Colombia (UPTC). Faculty of Agronomy. Tunja.
Jose Armando Vidarte Claros
- Photocopy of ID card enlarged by 150 %, blood type classification (if not in the ID card).
- Photocopy of degree certificate or professional qualification.
- Current health insurance card or a valid certificate of adhesion to a social security system.
- Photocopy of military service ID card enlarged by150% (where appropriate).
- 2 ID-size photographs (on a blue background).
- Receipt of payment.
- The necessary degree or diploma according to the demands of each program.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Knowledge assessment where deemed appropriate by the Autonoma University of Manizales.
- For doctoral programs, proficiency in English reading comprehension.
- Specific requirements outlined by each program as approved by the Academic Council.
Additional admission requirements for the admission of national and foreign students with an undergraduate degree obtained abroad
- Copy of passport for students without a Colombian ID card.
- Spanish translation by an official translator of documents submitted in another language.
- Certificates and diplomas must have the Apostille stamp issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin or by the body in charge of this process, according to the Hague Convention. In the case of countries that do not belong to the Hague Convention, certificates and diplomas must be authenticated or bear the seal of the consul of Colombia in the country of origin, and be countersigned by the Colombian Foreign Ministry.
- Student visa or a valid document for the corresponding academic period or a valid immigration card/resident card/ green card issued by the Colombian Administrative Department of Security (DAS) or the entity in charge of this process.
- Certificate of Compulsory Health Insurance in Colombia or health insurance certificate from the country of origin.
Note: graduate requirements approved by the Board of Governors according to the Graduate study programs regulations (agreed on 5 September 07, 2010).
Modality: On campus (one monthly session)
Credits: 52 credits
Schedule: Fridays and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.- Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Inscription Cost : $218.300
Tuition Cost : $17.371.600
UAM Graduates Tuition Cost : $16.850.500
Graduates Association Tuition Cost : $16.329.300